1. Venues: We are aware of the sensitivities around the use of Memorial University facilities given the current labour dispute. We are making efforts to adjust our activities with the least amount of disruption possible. Classes in the period of February 15-18 will not take place at the School of Music. Our MUN bookings for February 19-25 are under review - please keep an eye out on our website for changes and updates. For the full list of 2023 venues and their locations, check out our Venues page: https://www.kiwanismusicfestivalsj.ca/venues.html
2. Heads up to Accompanists: Some activities will no longer be centralized in centre city/Elizabeth Ave area. Please be aware this will impact travel times between venues. We apologize for the inconvenience.
3. Original Music: All participants must provide original music to the adjudicator. See the syllabus, page 3, rule 24 for details.
4. Participant sheets: Participants sheets are generated automatically in MusicFestivalSuite and can be found under Menu>Schedule>Participant card. Please print your participant card for each class you are registered in and bring it to the venue. If you are unable to access your MusicFestivalSuite account and participant card, e-mail us at email@example.com and we will make arrangements.
5. Ticket Prices: We are moving towards cashless operations.
Festival passes are available for $30 in advance through Eventbrite - click on the button below to purchase.
Single event ticket prices are unchanged at $5, free for children under 10 accompanied by an adult.
This year, we are trialling the "TipTap" touchless payment system. A device will be on site at all venues. Patrons can tap their card once on the $5 device for a single event ticket, or 6 times to purchase a festival pass. What is TipTap you ask? check out how it works here.
6. Venue Capacity and COVID-19: There are no current capacity restrictions at any of our venues. Parents, grandparents, family, and friends are all welcome! It is important to keep in mind that cases of COVID-19 and the flu are still in the community, so we would ask that you use your discretion if you are unwell. Participants and patrons should not attend the festival if they test positive for COVID-19, are experiencing fever, or any flu symptoms.
If you have any questions or concerns, e-mail us immediately. Please review the syllabus online for any questions you might have. If you unsure, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org